Let’s add some tangy flavor to your summer festivities in honor of National Chamoy Day, which is today! If you didn’t know, Son Beverage is a distributor of Mega Salsita de Chamoy and Jell-Craft has a delicious Chamoyada Sno-Cone Syrup!
What is Chamoy you might ask?
It is a Mexican condiment that has gained popularity for its unique blend of sweet, sour, spicey and tangy flavors all combined into one sauce. It is commonly made from apricots, mango and plums and combined with spices such as lime, chili and salt. Chamoy can be paired with fruit, drinks, sno-cones, chips and more!
Whether you’re a fan of this traditional Mexican condiment or new to the world of chamoy, our gift to you for National Chamoy Day is a delicious mouthwatering Chamoy Margarita Recipe below!
The Perfect Jell-Craft Chamoy Margarita Recipe
- 5 oz of Jell-Craft Lemon-Lime Margarita Mix
- 6 oz of tequila
- 28 oz of Triple Sec
- Ice – up to the 48 oz mark
- Chamoy Sauce- The amount you use is up to you!
- Tajin seasoning (for rimming the glasses)
- 1 oz of lime juice (for riming the glass)
- Lime wedges (to garnish)
- This recipe makes 4 margaritas.
- First, Rim you glass with the Tajin seasoning. To do this, you will need to rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glasses to get the Tajin to stick. Pour the Tajin on a plate and evenly coat the rim of the glasses.
- Next, Pour margarita mix, tequila, and triple sec in a blender, and add ice until you reach the 48 oz mark in the blender.*
- Blend the margarita mix, tequila, triple sec, and ice well.
- Next, pour the frozen margarita into 4 glasses
- Garnish the rim with a lime wedge and enjoy!
* You can add chamoy as a topper to your margaritas or blend it with your margarita ingredients in the blender!